We understand your privacy is important to you. It is important to us too. This is why we protect your personal information and we are open and clear about it.
Personal information is information that is about an identifiable individual.
This Privacy Statement applies to all products offered by GetCapital New Zealand Limited. It does not replace the terms and conditions or the Privacy Act Authorisation that govern your relationship with us.
If we update this Privacy Statement, we will let you know by publishing it on our website.
1. Personal Information Collection
The personal information that we will collect includes:
- Your contact details such as address, telephone number, email address
- Identification information including your full name and date of birth
- Financial information such as your income, expenses, banking history
- Your credit record
- Employment details including employer and type of work
- Information about important life events and your family.
We collect this information from you directly or from third parties such as brokers, motor vehicle dealers or other introducers, credit reporting agencies or other representatives such as legal advisers.
We record telephone calls so that we can train our staff, and improve our services to you.
We also collect personal information you have shared on public websites, e.g. social media and information that is publicly available such as through public registers which may be used to supplement our customer databases and for marketing purposes.
2. Purpose for the Collection of the Personal Information
We collect, use and share personal information with others to:
- Assess your loan application
- Help us to administer any loan and/or security property you have with us
- Manage arrears and defend our rights to collect money from you
- Offer a service or market a product to you that is either our product or a product that we market or administer, including targeted marketing
- Meet our internal operational requirements, such as for credit and risk management, product or system development and planning, insurance, audit and administration purposes
- Facilitate the transfer or assignment of our rights
- Comply with our legal obligations
3. Sharing Personal Information
We share your personal information with other parties for the purposes outlined in clause 2 above and as permitted by law. The third parties that we share your personal information with include:
- Your referring broker, dealer or other introducer
- Credit reporting agencies for the purposes of identity verification, credit reporting, monitoring services, and to provide them with updates, such as default information
- Government agencies and regulators in order to comply with any laws, rules or regulatory requirements
- The Ministry of Justice to obtain fines information
- External dispute resolution schemes
- Any third parties who provide services to us, including technology service providers, debt collection agencies and our professional advisers
- Other entities in the Avanti Finance Group
4. Storage of your Personal Information
Your personal information is stored electronically or in paper files. Generally, we hold your personal information in New Zealand. Service providers (including cloud-based storage providers in New Zealand and overseas) may hold it on our behalf.
We take security measures to keep your personal information safe against unauthorised use, access and disclosure. This includes the use of passwords and other identity controls.
You have the right to access your personal information we hold about you and make corrections to it.
You are responsible for advising us if you change your address or other contact details. You can contact us to advise us of a change in your details by emailing us at email@example.com or by telephoning us on 0508 438 227.
In some cases, we do not have to give you access to certain information. If this is the case, we will tell you and we will explain why this is the case.
If we don’t think the information needs correcting, we will advise you of this and explain why.
If your complaint is about privacy, you can also make a complaint to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner. See www.privacy.org.nz for more information.